Think of an enginet as a self-contained, networked media ecosystem. The basic gist - don't just make a web presence to have one - the ideal web presence meets your business objectives and people's needs and becomes self-sustaining through community engagement.
Spectrum DNA creates enginets (networked media ecosystems), and their most recent launch is addictionary.org. The site features words created, commented and voted on by an active community. Words that garner the most attention can be purchased on tshirts, mugs, etc.
Jim Banister, author of
- Code - provides a robust and scalable server hardware and software platform to suppoort significant activity
- Content - people enter their favorite fake words for consideration by the community, and examples include:
- skipish (verb) excessively arrogant and mighty; rude or insolent; Fundamentalist Christian
- scarecity (noun) how scarcity and scare tactics are part and parcel of the same energy. How scarcity consciousness prevails by using scare tactics.
- crapitalization (noun) Beginning words with uppercase letters in a seemingly random pattern.
- crapitalize (verb) Capitalization with no regard to the rules or common usage. Placing capital letters at the beginning of words in a pattern that can best be described as completely random.
- ignoranus (noun) A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
- Commerce - most popular words are available on apparel
Community - includes the ability to comment on and rate other posts, forward to friends, etc.